Deciding on weather to use digital audio or video for your project can be a critical juncture. The following essays will help you to think about the choice and then to guide you to make the best decisions about the right equipment.
- See Essay: Audio or Video for Recording Oral History: Questions, Decisions, Doug Boyd
- See Essay: Oral History in the Video Age, Peter Kaufman
- See Essay: Digital Audio Recording: The Basics, Doug Boyd
- See Essay: Understanding Microphones, Charles Hardy III and Doug Boyd
- See Essay: Video Equipment: Guide to Selecting and Use, Scott Pennington and Dean Rehberger
- Visit : Oral History in the Digital Age automated Ask Doug interface to determine the right digital audio recorder for your project (http://ohda.matrix.msu.edu/doug)
- Also, be sure to visit the “Collecting” section of the essay page, where you’ll find all of our works regarding project planning, equipment, and use.